Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lists, must have lists!

Hi!

My name is Lenard Lawless. I have a BA in English Lit. I have found, time and again, that people ask if I've read book X or Y when they hear this, and more often than not, the answer is no. To try to alleviate this, I am trying to read more now than ever before. Rather than just enter the foray blind, I have chosen a list that will serve as my guide. The list is the Modern Library's Choices top 100 Novels, available at http://www.nytimes.com/library/books/072098best-novels-list.html.

The plan is to start at #100 and work my up to what is apparently going to be the best novel of the 20th Century. At the time of starting this Blog, I've already read some of the novels, so I'll see if I can write up some entries for them based on what I remember of them.

I hope that I can inspire some people to go grab a book and do some reading on their own.

Cheers,
Len

No comments:

Post a Comment